CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
Dudes. Dudettes. This is like German Chocolate Cake in fudge form! Good stuff. It comes from Lesley Pew of Lynn, Massachusetts.
Coconut Pecan Chocolate Fudge
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 55 Min Makes: 64 servings
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Milk Chocolate Frosting
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over 2 opposite sides of pan. Spray foil with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in milk chocolate frosting and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the nuts and 2 tablespoons of the coconut. Stir half of the remaining nuts and half of the remaining coconut into the chocolate mixture. Spread in pan.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla chips on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in coconut pecan frosting and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in remaining half of the nuts and coconut. Spread over chocolate mixture. Sprinkle reserved nuts and coconut over fudge.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Remove foil; cut into 8 rows by 8 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.