This sounds like a most excellent breakfast to me, how about you? It is a pancake that includes sugar and cherries. It sounds virtuous enough for a weekday, but tasty enough for a brunch. This sweet recipe comes from Lauren Katz of Ashburn, Virginia!
Cherry-Vanilla Dutch Pancake
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 40 Min
- Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated pie and pastry dough
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Watkins™ Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) pitted dark sweet cherries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Let pastry dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter in oven. In small microwavable measuring cup or bowl; microwave milk uncovered on High 30 seconds.
- In blender or food processor, break up pastry dough. Add 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar, the milk, eggs and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Cover; blend on low speed 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Tilt and rotate skillet to completely cover bottom and sides with melted butter; pour extra melted butter into blender. Blend pastry mixture with quick on-and-off motions until blended. Immediately pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until puffy and golden brown around edges.
- Meanwhile, cut cherries in half, if desired. In medium microwavable bowl, combine cherries, the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Microwave cherry mixture uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until warm.
- Sprinkle hot pancake with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar; cut into wedges. Top with cherries.