When it gets cool outside, I begin to crave foods that make me think of warmer climates. So these rolls are just perfect for me: kissed with coconut and pineapple, they make me feel like I'm back in Bali for a moment. Now that's sweet! This recipe is via Rhodora Keegan of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Tropical Honey Butter Breakfast Rolls
- Prep Time: 25 Min
- Total Time: 55 Min
- Makes: 8 rolls
- 2 cups coconut (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup well-drained crushed pineapple, patted dry with paper towel (from 8-oz can)
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Coconut Extract
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated honey butter biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 2-inch square of Reynolds® Parchment Paper in bottom of each of 8 jumbo muffin cups or 6-oz custard cups. Spray each cup with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, mix coconut, pineapple, brown sugar and coconut extract until well blended. In small bowl, place 3 tablespoons coconut mixture; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press each biscuit to form 5-inch round. Spoon about 3 tablespoons coconut mixture onto center of each biscuit round. Fold biscuit in half over filling, stretching gently if necessary. Press edges firmly to seal; shape into ball. Place 1 ball in each muffin cup, seam side down. Spoon about 1 teaspoon reserved coconut mixture onto center of each biscuit; press lightly.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately loosen with tip of knife; gently remove from pan. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.