I'm super excited about this entry from Mimi Chang from Middletown, New Jersey. First and foremost, because who doesn't like waffles? I even have a waffle wallet--not kidding.
Second, Mimi is from my neck of the woods in New Jersey! Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Chai-Glazed Cinnamon Waffles
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 30 Min
- Makes: 5 waffles
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tea bags chai tea
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (5 rolls)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In small bowl; mix walnuts, 1/4 teaspoon of the butter extract and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Spread in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Bake 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss banana slices and remaining 1/4 teaspoon butter extract. Place in single layer on cookie sheet. Bake about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave whipping cream uncovered on High 40 to 50 seconds or until steaming. Add tea bags to whipping cream. Let steep 5 minutes. Squeeze tea bags into cream; discard tea bags.
- Meanwhile, heat waffle maker. (Waffle makers without a nonstick coating may need to be sprayed with nonstick spray before cinnamon roll is added.)
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; reserve icing. Place 1 roll in center of each waffle section. Close lid of waffle maker. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix chai whipping cream, powdered sugar, reserved icing and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. To serve, top waffles with bananas and walnut mixture. Drizzle with chai icing.