Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters.Try saying that five times fast. Better yet, bake up a batch and enjoy the delicious benefits of having your mouth too full to say the name! This tasty recipe comes from Beth Royals of Richmond, Virginia. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 45 Min
- Makes: 30 clusters
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds® Cut-Rite® Wax Paper.
- Unroll pie crust on work surface. With pizza cutter or knife, cut into 16 rows by 16 rows to make small squares. Arrange squares in single layer on large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove squares from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, shortening and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth. Add pie crust squares, peanuts and toffee bits; stir gently until evenly coated. Immediately drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets. (If mixture gets too thick, microwave on High 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Store covered.