Seriously. Don't these sweet little things look like sweet morsels of pure magic?
Credit for these sweet little treats goes to Christine Southard of Noble, Oklahoma, who will be attending the Bake-Off next week!
Chocolate-Almond Butter Turtles
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
- Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 24 milk or dark chocolate-covered almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add almond butter and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon, or knead with hands until well blended. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon and spread 1 teaspoon chocolate on each cookie.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and 1 1/2 teaspoons water uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until caramels can be stirred smooth. Spoon about 1 teaspoon caramel in center of each cookie; top with almond. Store covered.