Who says that ginger cookies have to be snappy? These ones are soft, and in the best way possible. It makes them all the better to cuddle up with on a cold night with a cup of cocoa!
This yummy recipe is courtesy of Michele Kusma of Columbus, Ohio. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Chewy Gingersnaps with White Chocolate Drizzle
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 45 Min
- Makes: 30 cookies
- 1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated pie and pastry dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In large bowl, break up dough. Add remaining ingredients except baking chips. Mix with electric mixer on medium-low speed about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Shape dough into 30 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (dark cookie sheets not recommended); flatten with fingers into 2-inch rounds.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 4 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth.
- Place in small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle melted baking chips over cooled cookies. Store covered.