CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
Dion Frischer of Ann Arbor, Michigan took inspiration from fancy restaurant desserts to create something that comes together in just 10 minutes. Woot!
Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse
Prep Time: 10 Min Total Time: 10 Min Makes: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Dark Chocolate Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup Smucker's Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, if desired
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup of the whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add frosting and marmalade; beat until well blended. Fold in almonds. Spoon mixture into 4 small dessert dishes.
- In small bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Spoon over each serving of mousse; sprinkle with orange peel. Store in refrigerator.