CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
What happens when Millionaire's shortbread meets peanut butter? Total deliciousness, that's what!
And these ones are not only delicious but quite easy to prepare, says Sandra Hilbert of Fort Littleton, PA, who invented this recipe for the Pillsbury Bake-Off: "Pillsbury sugar cookies jump-start these ooey-gooey bars. A few additional ingredients create an awesome flavor combo!"
Chewy Peanut Butter-Caramel Bars
- 1package Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1bag (11.5 oz) Hershey's® milk chocolate baking chips
- 1/2cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2cup finely chopped Fisher® Dry Roasted Peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan (dark pan not recommended) with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray or line with nonstick foil. Evenly arrange cookie rounds in pan.
- Bake 24 to 26 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in condensed milk, brown sugar and granulated sugar until blended. Add graham cracker crumbs; mix well (mixture will be thick). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until slightly thickened. Pour caramel mixture over warm cookie crust, spreading evenly.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 20 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until blended. Spread evenly over caramel layer. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.