Hello Naomi's Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 vanilla beans or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (350°F ) . Line a 12 hole cupcake trays with standard size papers.
- Sift the flours together and set aside.
- Soften butter in the microwave.
- Warm the milk in the microwave to luke warm.
- Place the softened butter in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer (med-low speed) for 1 min until smooth.
- Beat on med and add the sugar 1/3 at a time beating for a minute between additions. (The fluffier the butter and sugar is, the fluffier and higher your cupcakes will rise)
- Add the vanilla seeds or extract and beat though
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing on med-low and for a minute in between additions.
- Once the eggs are mixed remove mixing bowl from stand and using a wooden spoon mix in 1/3 of the flour. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Add 1/2 of the milk and mix until well combined.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour, mix until no lumps. Mix through the rest of the milk until well combined and then mix through the rest of the flour until there are no lumps.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake papers about 2/3 full using an ice cream scoop. Bake on the middle rack for 18-20 minutes until golden (rotate tray after about 15 min).
- Remove from trays and cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before decorating.
- Frost as desired, or according to this awesome tutorial!
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.