CakeSpy Note: OMG! It's getting to be that time of year again. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far (as well as recipes from previous Bake-Off events).
Are you ready to make your dessert a dunking delight? Carolyn Nace of Ocala, Florida has created a sweet and salty treat just for you. It's got basically all of the food groups: pastry, bacon, peanut butter, and chocolate. Oh, and a little caramel dipping sauce for good measure. This would be a nice recipe to make for Dad on Father's Day...or to snack on and kid yourself that it's a balanced breakfast any other day.
Good luck at the Bake-Off, Carolyn!
Bacon-Peanut Butter Chocolate Fries
- Prep Time: 25 Min
- Total Time: 50 Min
- Makes: 18 servings
- 1 box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup Jif Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flavored Spread
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Spread peanut butter chocolate spread over 1 pie crust to within 1/8 inch of edge; sprinkle with bacon. Top with remaining pie crust; press lightly into filling.
- In small bowl, beat egg and 2 teaspoons water until blended. In another small bowl, mix peanuts and 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt. Brush egg mixture evenly over pie crust; sprinkle with peanut mixture. With pizza cutter or knife, cut 18 rows by 4 rows. Carefully place fries 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel topping uncovered on High 30 to 50 seconds or until warm. Serve with fries.