CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Narrowed down from zillions of entries, I'll profile some of the 100 finalists--but of course, based on the subject matter of this site, I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
These cinnamon roll cups contain a mixture of fruit and nuts stuffed inside. You know what that means: HEALTH FOOD! And the best kind, because it's all wrapped up and delivered to your belly in a cinnamon roll and copious icing wrapped package. This fine contribution to the world of health food comes at you from Becky McKay of Boulder, Colorado.
Creamy Fruit and Nut Cinnamon Roll Cups
Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 35 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup Apricot Preserves
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, cut in 8 cubes
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with No-Stick Cooking Spray. In medium bowl, mix preserves, golden raisins, dried cranberries, pecans and nutmeg until well blended.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls; reserve icing. Place 1 roll, cinnamon side up, in each muffin cup; firmly press dough in bottom and up side of each cup. Spoon apricot mixture into each cup. Top each with cream cheese cube; press in lightly.
- Bake 13 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove rolls from pan.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave icing on High 10 seconds. Drizzle over warm rolls.