So, unless you've been living under a chunk of rock candy (this might not be such a bad thing, actually), you probably know that possibly the sweetest book ever to be published is coming out this fall: CakeSpy Presents Sweet Treats for a Sugar-Filled Life (oh, and you can click on that hyperlink to pre-order, if you'd like).
And--even better--I am coming to a city near you on a book tour. But aside from a couple of exceptions, the tour will take place not at bookstores--but at BAKERIES! That's right. OMG. And so that's why we're calling it Tour De Sweet! Basically, we're going to hang out, eat baked goods, and then you will buy like 30 copies of my book (Official Tour de Sweet Promise: I promise to sign and draw a unicorn, cupcake, and/or robot in each and every copy of my book you buy).
Sweet disclaimer: Now. These dates and times may shift slightly, so be sure to check back closer to the events!
Online Launch: Tour de sweet Blog Party!
October 10: Cupcake Project
October 11: Bake It in a Cake!
October 12: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
October 13: Dessert First
October 14: Cookie Madness
October 15: Bake and Destroy
October 16: Piece of Cake
October 17: Not Martha
October 18: Scoopalicious
October 19: Big Girls, Small Kitchen
October 20: Blondie and Brownie
October 13: Official Book Launch Party!
Well, this date you can count on: the official kickoff party for the book will take place on Thursday, October 13 at the CakeSpy retail shop at 415 E. Pine Street in Seattle! We'll be there from 6pm til we sell out of books or run out of cake. Details here!
October 15-18: Seattle Events
- Friday, October 14: Book Larder in Fremont, details TBA
- Saturday, October 15: Sweet Meet-Up at Cupcake Royale of Capitol Hill, 1111 E. Pike, 7-9 pm - more details here!
- Monday, October 17: Cupcake Royale of Bellevue, 3-5 pm! More details here.
October 20-24: Portland, OR
- Thursday, October 20: Pix Patisserie, 3901 N. Williams Ave., 5pm; more details here
- Saturday, October 22: Saint Cupcake, 4pm; more details here
Oct. 29-31: SF BAY AREA
- October 29: Teacake Bake Shop, Burlingame, 2pm
- October 30: Omnivore Books, 3pm. I will wear a Halloween costume if you want me to.
November 7-8: Boston
- Monday, November 7: Sweet Cupcakes, Downtown location, (11 School Street) 5-7 pm
- Tuesday, November 8: Eat Cake, Newburyport, 3pm
November 9-11: New York (Manhattan and Brooklyn)
November 12: Philadelphia
- Saturday, November 12: Bredenbeck's Bakery, Chestnut Hill, 1pm
November 14: Baltimore, MD
November 15: Washington DC
- Baked & Wired at 7pm
November 16-17 New Jersey (cities tba)
November 18-19: Chicago
- November 18: Angel Food Bakery, 3pm
- November 19: Bleeding Heart Bakery, 1955 west belmont ave, 11-3 pm
November 25-December 7: Seattle
- November 25: Poggi Bonsi, Renton, 3-6 p.m.
- December 1: Tom Douglas Cookbook Social
- December 3-4 (both days): Urban Craft Uprising! I will also be signing books at this event.
- December 6: Venue, Ballard, 5-7 p.m.
- December 7: Wallingford, Seattle's Trophy Cupcakes (for an art show and book event!) The time is to be announced, but count on 5-8pm ish.
December 10+11: Portland, again
I'll be there for Crafty Wonderland!
December 12-15: Los Angeles
- December 13: Yummy Cupcakes of Burbank, 12-2 p.m. Facebook event here.
- December 14: Vanilla Sunshine Cupcakery, Claremont, CA 4-6 pm. Facebook event here.
- December 15: Village Bakery Cafe. 5-7 pm. Facebook event here.
...and I think we'll have another event (maybe a cookie swap!) at the CakeSpy Shop before Christmas.
Best book tour ever? I think yes. If you are a bakery or bookstore (or both!) interested in hosting an event, please contact email@example.com!