It's been a delicious year.
Full of life, love, and alotalotalotalotofdessert. You know what? I'd like to look back at the year to re-visit some of my sweetest moments: things I ate, places I went, art I made. Why don't you join me for a loving look back? I've arranged 50 of my finest moments from the year, in no particular order, for our mutual enjoyment. Cue the memory montage music:
1. I tackled the controversial subject of things that are not dessert.
2. I went to the Pillsbury Bake-Off and got to hug the doughboy, and taste the million-dollar winning recipe.
3. I went to Bali, where they served mini cookies with lattes.
4. In the case of Seniman Coffee in Bali, they served the latte with a mini coconut pancake.
5. I made millet cookies.
6. I made magic cookie bars.
7. I delved into the art of guilty pleasure desserts.
8. Two words: funfetti marshmallows.
9. Two more words: Magnum Gold.
10. I made a comprehensive post about the delicious sweets of New Mexico.
11. I made ice cream...with butter.
12. I made what I consider the only flourless chocolate cake.
Flourless chocolate cake.
13. Along with King Arthur Flour, I learned how to make the perfect pie crust.
14. I invented Cadbury creme egg in hole toast.
15. I learned how to make d.i.y. sweetened condensed milk.
16. I discovered Dessert Mash-Ups by Dorothy of Crazy For Crust.
17. I made cornmeal pecan cookies.
18. I made the most marvellous marble swirl cake.
19. I made an absolutely perfect pie with King Arthur Flour.
20. I discovered that you can make Millionaire's shortbread with store bought sugar cookie dough.
21. I made amazing bread with blue corn and pinon.
22. I fell in love with caramels by Liddabit Sweets.
23. I made homemade rock candy. oooooh.
24. I went on the road trip of the century.
25. I taught the world about "The Cake".
26. I discovered how to make black rice pudding, a Balinese specialty, at home.
27. Three words: Breakfast. Nanaimo. Bars.
28. I shared a delectable Irish Soda Bread recipe.
29. I taught you how to make tres leches cake.
30. Not joking: I made peanut butter banana croissant doughnuts.
31. I made chocolate babka with olive oil!
32. I made NYC-style rainbow cookies.
33. I made Vanilla Kreme doughnuts inspired by Dunkin'!
35. How brilliant was this: cookie cups filled with milk.
36. I made chocolate filled cookies. Bliss.
37. I made a tutorial for how to make "honeycomb" out of chocolate.
38. I created "Pop-Hearts".
39. And then I outdid myself by making unicorn Pop-tarts.
40. I figured out how to make doughnuts using cookie dough mix.
41. I made my own nutella!
42. I went healthy for a few minutes and made this hippie drink inspired by one I enjoyed in Bali.
43. Then I went back to the sweets and made a white chocolate cranberry pie that I still dream about.
44. I learned how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker!
45. I educated you on what pumpkin pie spice is, exactly.
46. I figured out a way to make any and every cookie better.
47. I invented a fictional yoga cafe.
48. I really did some terrible things to cereal.
49. I created some possible new Pop-Tart flavors.
50. We discussed eating disorders and food blogs.
This was a very meaningful moment for me in 2014. I wrote a blog post entitled "Of Eating Disorders and Food Blogs" detailing my eating disorder recovery. The response was incredible, and I feel so lucky to have such terrific and inspiring readers. I consider you all my friends.