CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Narrowed down from zillions of entries, I'll profile some of the 100 finalists--but of course, based on the subject matter of this site, I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
These sweet treats are a sure-fire recipe for success. They have so much going for them:
- Strawberries and cream are a match made in heaven, not to mention the fashionable style of a cartoon icon.
- Cream Puffs are delicious and delicate.
- And when it comes to baked goods, cream cheese makes just about any flavor richer, creamier, tangier, and tastier.
See? I've bullet-pointed the reasons why these scientifically rule, so it's now fact.
These Strawberry cream cheese cream puffs were dreamed up by Dawn Logterman of Verona, Wisconsin, who says "Who doesn't love strawberries and cream? Here's a tasty way to serve up the combo."
Simple but sweet, and they come together in just 30 minutes of active time. Score!
Here's the recipe.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cream Puffs Recipe
Prep Time: 30 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min Makes: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Preserves
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water, the butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling over medium-high heat. With wooden spoon, stir in flour. Reduce heat to low; beat vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in 1 egg at a time, beating vigorously after each addition until mixture is smooth and glossy. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart on cookie sheet, forming 12 mounds.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack; prick side of each puff with tip of sharp knife to release steam. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until combined; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, cut each puff in half horizontally. Spoon about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture into bottom half of each puff. Place tops over filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately. Store in refrigerator.