Picture a unicorn, surrounded by rainbows and munching on a cloud in the sky. Don't you want to know what that cloud tastes like?
Well, finding out is not all that difficult. Because this vanilla marshmallow fluff mousse tastes exactly like that imaginary magic cloud. In fact, so much that I'm going to dub this recipe Magical Unicorn Cloud Mousse.
Listen. Mousse is one of life's divine taste experiences. Lighter yet somehow richer than pudding, it has the power to coat your entire mouth in delicious flavor.
Typically, mousse involves whipping eggs and a little bit of fuss. Listen, sometimes this is fine. But other times, you want to hasten the race of the ingredients into your mouth, so you want something that comes together quickly and simply. This easy vanilla mousse recipe is the answer.
Made simply by whipping cream and then folding a marshmallow fluff, cream, and vanilla mixture into it, this mousse takes only minutes to make, and the taste results are surprisingly refined and sophisticated. It's light and fluffy, but thick and rich owing to all the cream. The vanilla and marshmallow work in tandem with the cream, bringing some sweetness and depth to the flavor.
As I also discovered, it's the perfect dessert to make hover.
Or, you could always put it in rainbow dishes you've made! I divided my batch of mousse and tinted half of it pink; this made it extra fun to serve, as I could layer it in serving dishes.
Here's the simple recipe--enjoy!
Vanilla Marshmallow Fluff Mousse
Makes 3-4 modest servings
- 7 ounces (1 container) marshmallow fluff (some containers are 7 ounces, some are 7.5, some are 8. Just use the whole thing.)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl, combine the fluff with 2 tablespoons of of the whipping cream and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the fluff into the whipped cream.
- Unicorn-ize it!! Divide the mousse and tint some of it pink. This way, you can serve it stacked, and do not forget the rainbow sprinkles! You can serve immediately, or you can freeze or refrigerate it until you're ready to serve.
Enjoy! I'll tell you on an upcoming Craftsy post how to make it hover.