Forget beefcakes. It's all about the sausage pancake muffin these days. These tasty sweet-and-savory all at once treast are via Rebecca Fink of West Lawn, Pennsylvania.
- Prep Time: 10 Min
- Total Time: 40 Min
- Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 cup refrigerated cooked sausage crumbles (from 9.6-oz bag)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray 12 regular-size nonstick muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add buttermilk, eggs and maple extract. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Top each cup with 1 tablespoon sausage crumbles. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen with tip of knife; gently remove from muffin cups. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm. Store any remaining muffins tightly covered in refrigerator.