CakeSpy Note: OMG! It's getting to be that time of year again. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far (as well as recipes from previous Bake-Off events).
Make them easy to create using just seven ingredients, and make them gluten-free to boot, and you've got a treat that will please many palates. Thank you for the recipe, Michelle Matoba of Fair Oaks, California...and good luck at the Bake-Off!
Easy Double-Chocolate Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Min
- Makes: 24 brownies
- 1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add remaining ingredients; beat with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes or until well blended. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 22 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 30 minutes. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered.