I can always tell when someone has gotten into it, because (if you'll excuse me) they won't shut up about it. They start to resemble frankenstein robots to me: "My green juice makes me feel aliiiiive!"
Oh, you know who you are.
But when Williams-Sonoma contacted me and was all "hey, want to make a juice recipe?" I was all, "OK. Can I use dairy?". What I should have asked is if they would pay me. Turns out they're not, but all they asked is that I mention their juicer and blender resources. So there you go!
But they did answer regarding the dairy, in the affirmative. So I decided straightaway that this dairy would be thick, creamy, whole milk, and that it would go into creating what I call Pumpkin Pie Juice.
It has all the flavorings that make pumpkin pie great, but because it is juice, it can be classified as healthy. I'll happily sip this while you enjoy that green juice, you zombie!
Note: if you wanna be really naughty, add a couple scoops of ice cream. YEAH!
Pumpkin Pie Juice
2 servings. Ingredients:
- 2 cups of pumpkin, chopped up into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of apple juice (or use milk if you like it really milky!)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (more or less to your liking)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup milk
- more pumpkin pie spice, to garnish (if desired)
- Put the pumpkin, apple juice, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a powerful blender. Set on the juice or blend setting, and blend until it has formed a thick liquid slurry.
- You're going to have to froth the milk now. If you, like me, own a milk frother (I AM SO FANCY!), go ahead and put it in your frother and froth until it's nice and firm and frothy. No frother? I included some tips for microwave frothing in this post!
- Divide the juice into two cups. Top each with a nice "head" of milk foam. Garnish with more spice, if you wanna.
Enjoy being healthy!