Can we talk about these tropical twists for a minute?
First off, a big thanks to Mary Taymon of Katy, Texas for bringing them into my life. They're like a tropical drink served in a coconut...but in a carbohydratey twist form. They're made using refrigerated sweet rolls, and they are a happy food. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 35 Min
- Makes: 8 twists
- 1/3 cup well-drained crushed pineapple (from 8-oz can)
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing (8 rolls)
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. In small bowl, mix pineapple, pineapple preserves and coconut extract; set aside.
- Remove dough from can; reserve icing. Unroll dough to form 11 1/2 x6 1/2-inch rectangle. Spread pineapple mixture over rectangle. Fold rectangle in half crosswise to form 8 short strips; pinch ends to seal. Gently separate strips. Twist each strip 2 to 3 times; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix icing and rum extract. Drizzle icing over twists; sprinkle with almonds. Serve warm.