Hooray! A Bake-Off entry from my home state of New Jersey! Donna Scarano of East Hanover, New Jersey, has come up with a recipe which amazes me with its inclusion of a clever ingredient: crushed cheerios!
Cinnamon Crunch Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
- Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup Cheerios cereal, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar. Mix with wooden spoon, or knead with hands until well blended. Shape dough into 24 (1 1/2-inch) balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until tops are set. Cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, place powdered sugar; roll cookies in powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar again. Store loosely covered.