CakeSpy Note: The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below.
Chex mix was a big deal during my childhood, and my memories have remained fond through the years. While I don't regularly snack on it anymore, I think it's about time for it to make a comeback in my life, thanks to this chocolate chip cookie-enriched version by Sonya Goergen of Moorhead, Minnesota. It's a tasty update on a classic and a finalist in this year's Bake-Off!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Snack Mix
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Min
- Makes: 24 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 1 bag (5.5 oz) gluten-free yogurt-covered pretzels (2 cups)
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 3 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. In small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar.
- Shape dough by 1/4 teaspoonfuls into balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and set. Cool 2 minutes; carefully slide parchment onto cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add cooled cookies; stir gently to mix. Store in airtight container.