CakeSpy Note: OMG! It's getting to be that time of year again. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far (as well as recipes from previous Bake-Off events).
What is better than peanut butter and chocolate? Cupcakes jammed with the killer combo, of course! This recipe takes a good thing and makes it even better with the addition of cake (which is cleverly made with gluten-free cookie dough!). Thanks to Klaren Gerhart of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, for coming up with this clever and tasty recipe.
Creamy Peanut Butter-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 45 Min
- Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Watkins Original Double Strength Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated or powder sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line 12 regular-size muffin cups with baking cups.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add cocoa, vinegar, vanilla and 1/2 cup water. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes or until well blended; stir in chocolate chips. Spoon or pipe 1 rounded tablespoonful peanut butter mixture in center of each muffin cup.
- Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake around edges comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Store in covered container.