CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Seriously, you guys. Cookie fudge. COOKIE FUDGE! I could keep saying it all day, or I could share the recipe, from Christine Wilson of Sellersville, Pennsylvania. Thank you, Christine.
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 2 Hr 30 Min Makes: 24 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, spread 1/2 cup of the coconut in ungreased shallow pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. In small bowl, mix toasted coconut and lime zest until well blended; set aside.
- Break up cookie dough and press in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, cook sweetened condensed milk and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and ingredients are thoroughly heated. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat; stir in white baking chips until melted. Stir in remaining 1 cup coconut and the vanilla.
- Pour coconut mixture over cookie crust, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with coconut lime mixture; press in lightly. Cool 15 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until topping is firm.