CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Brett Youmans is one of my favorite people. He's adorable, and just as sweet as this tasty recipe. He's also been a Bake-Off contestant three times now! This is his final chance to win the big one. I've got to say, I love all of these recipes, but I have a soft spot for Brett, from Reading, Pennsylvania!
Prep Time: 30 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 50 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated white or vanilla sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough and mascarpone cheese stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone cheese, 1/3 cup of the chocolate hazelnut spread and 1/2 cup of the hazelnuts. Mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Press 1/2 of the dough mixture in bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread on High 10 seconds; stir until spreading consistency. Spread over dough to within 1/4-inch of edge; sprinkle chocolate chips over chocolate hazelnut spread. Place remaining dough between layers of waxed paper. Press into 9-inch round. Peel off one layer of paper. Place dough side down over chocolate chips. Remove waxed paper; press edges to seal. Gently tap pan on counter to settle. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts; lightly press into dough.
- Wrap outside bottom and side of springform pan with foil to prevent leaking. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until puffed and edges are set (center will jiggle slightly). Cool on cooling rack 30 to 40 minutes or until center is set but still warm. Remove side of pan.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining mascarpone cheese with electric mixer on low speed until combined. Refrigerate.
- Serve wedges of warm torte with mascarpone cream.