CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Breakfast is served! And since it has fruit, it's health food. Right? Of course, the sugar cookie dough in the batter doesn't hurt anything. This recipe comes from Michele Kusma of Columbus, Ohio. #nom!
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 25 Min Makes: 6 servings (2 pancakes each)
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- 1 jar (12 oz) Blueberry Preserves
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray nonstick electric griddle with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray; heat to 350°F.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Beat in eggs with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Add sour cream; beat until smooth. Stir in blueberries.
- Spray nonstick pancake turner with cooking spray. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and dry around edges. Carefully turn; cook other side 1 to 2 minutes or until deep golden brown. Keep warm.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave preserves and 1 tablespoon water on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. Serve over pancakes.