CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Tasty morning treat? Check, with this Cherry Almond Kolache Bake. It was deliciously dreamed up by Barbara Catlin Craven of Marble Falls, Texas. Viva la Kolache!
Cherry Almond Kolache Bake
Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 55 Min Makes: 10 servings
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 ct)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Red Tart Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Separate biscuits; cut each into quarters. Arrange in single layer in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed 15 seconds or until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the frosting, egg yolk and almond extract; beat until blended. Spoon and spread over biscuits.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave preserves on Medium (50%) 30 to 40 seconds or until softened; stir. Spoon and spread evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2 tablespoons frosting on Medium (50%) 15 seconds. Drizzle over biscuits.