CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Finally! A dessert that is healthy! Well, this one has carrots, so it must be, right? Thanks to Heidi Givler of Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania for coming up with it.
Carrot Cupcakes with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Prep Time: 30 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min Makes: 24 servings
- 1 bag (11.8 oz) Green Giant Seasoned Steamers frozen honey Dijon carrots
- 1 box (15.25 oz) Pillsbury Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Coconut Pecan Frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Microwave frozen carrots as directed on bag 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. In food processor, place carrots. Cover; process until finely chopped.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and 1 cup water with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until blended. Fold in carrots, raisins and pecans. Spoon into muffin cups, filling three-fourths full.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Spread cupcakes with frosting.