CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Is it possible to turn refrigerated sugar cookie dough into a cake? Yes indeed, as proven by this clever recipe by Ronald Grasgreen of Houston, Texas. Sugar cookie dough becomes the key ingredient in this decadent morning cake, so that you can have your cake and eat your cookie, too!
Brown Sugar Topped Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 20 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch springform pan with No-Stick Cooking Spray. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Beat in eggs, one at a time, with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Spread in pan. In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting on High 10 to 20 seconds or until just melted. Drizzle frosting over batter. Pull tip of knife through batter in wide curves; turn pan and repeat for marbled design. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until edges are set but center still jiggles slightly.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture forms coarse crumbs; sprinkle evenly over cake. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove side of pan. Serve warm or cool.