CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
I love, love, love a nice dense coffee cakes. Don't you? This one, dreamed up by Bee Engelhart of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan sounds particularly tasty.
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing
- 8 teaspoons Smuckers Low Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup almond paste, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x4 1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch round cake pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. If using tart pan, place 15x10-inch pan with sides on middle oven rack.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Reserve icing. Press rolls in bottom of pan. Drop marmalade by teaspoonfuls evenly over dough. I
- n medium bowl, mix flour and sugar. With pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), cut in almond paste and butter until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Place tart pan in oven on pan with sides. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. In small microwavable bowl, microwave icing on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir. Immediately drizzle over coffee cake; sprinkle with nuts. Cool 20 minutes.