CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
Gotta tell you: this one intrigues me. It's sweet, salty, and refined. I want to try! Vicki Mager of Bloomington, Minnesota says it's a perfect happy hour snack, which is just fine with me, too.
Seeds and Chocolate Pastry Wedges
Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 1 Hr Makes: 12 servings
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted salted hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crust on ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch outside edge to form 1/4-inch rim. Prick dough several times with fork.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over crust. In medium bowl, mix currants, sunflowers nuts and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle mixture over crust; press firmly into crust. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 10 minutes; uncover. Bake 3 to 6 minutes longer or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately cut into 12 wedges. Do not separate.
- Spoon chocolate hazelnut spread into decorating bag or 1-quart resealable food storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle spread over seeds. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.