CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
It's like the classic sandwich got a breakfast makeover! This tasty treat comes from Anne Johnson of Vincent, Ohio.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Mini Walnut Muffins
Prep Time: 30 Min Total Time: 1 Hr Makes: 48 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s Seedless Strawberry Jam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 48 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Beat in eggs and buttermilk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the walnuts. Spoon about one tablespoon batter into each muffin cup, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave jam on High 45 to 60 seconds or until melted. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups walnuts in small bowl.
- Dip tops of muffins in jam; roll tops in remaining 1 1/2 cups walnuts. Serve warm or cool.