CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
I love peanut butter. I love jelly. But especially, I love danish. This pastry brings all three together in a perfect breakfastly matrimony. And it's dreamed up by a fellow Jersey girl: Julie Paolella of Galloway, New Jersey!
PB+J Breakfast Danish
Prep Time: 30 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated Butter Tastin' biscuits
- 1/3 cup Smucker’s Seedless Strawberry Jam
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and egg yolk with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl if necessary; set aside.
- Arrange biscuits in 2 rows of 4 biscuits in center of pan, with sides of biscuits just touching. Press or roll biscuits to 14x9-inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Using parchment paper, bring long sides of dough over filling, overlapping slightly in center. With fork, lightly beat egg white; brush over top and sides of dough.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Spoon and spread jam down center of pastry. Carefully remove to serving plate. Serve warm.