CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
How cool is this? A rustic dessert with minimal effort. It was cleverly dreamed up by Cathy Wiechert of Mound, Minnesota.
Orange Cardamom Blueberry Crostada
Prep Time: 10 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 5 Min Makes: 6 servings
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Orchard's Finest Pacific Grove Orange Marmalade Medley
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 1to 2 tablespoons coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10-inch pan with sides with parchment paper.
- Unroll pie crust in pan. In medium bowl, mix preserves, flour and cardamom. Carefully fold in blueberries. Spoon mixture over crust to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of crust over filling, pleating crust as necessary. In small bowl, beat egg yolk with two teaspoons water. Lightly brush crust edge with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.