CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
This is a personal favorite Bake-Off entry of mine. I was always the kid who wanted malted milk balls as my movie candy, so this speaks to me nostalgically! And as for the peanut butter...well, who doesn't love that?Thanks to Craig Partin of Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina for adding it to the mix.
Malted Milk Ball Peanut Butter Cream Squares
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 2 Hr 50 Min Makes: 24 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 2 cups Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Break up cookie dough and press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- In large bowl, beat frosting and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Carefully fold whipped cream, marshmallow creme and 1 1/2 cups of the malted milk balls into peanut butter mixture. Spoon and spread mixture over cooled cookie crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cream layer is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- To serve, place cream squares on dessert plates. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate-flavored syrup. Sprinkle with remaining chopped malted milk balls. Store covered in refrigerator.