CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Marie Sheppard Chicago, Illinois is the one to thank for this tasty morning treat. Hey, I'll bet it would taste good in the PM, too!
Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1 medium lemon
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Blueberry Preserves
- 2 teaspoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cans Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pecans or cinnamon pecans, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray nonstick 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; place tart pan on cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, grate 1 teaspoon zest from the lemon. In small bowl, squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the lemon; set aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the blueberries with the lemon zest, mashing berries slightly with fork. Stir in preserves, remaining blueberries and butter; set aside.
- Separate rolls from both cans; reserve icing. On parchment paper, press rolls, cinnamon side down, into 3- to 4-inch rounds. Spoon about 1 tablespoon blueberry mixture in center of each round. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges to seal. Place filled rolls in pan, seam side up in spoke fashion with 2 in the center.
- In small bowl, lightly beat egg with wire whisk; brush over rolls. Bake 22 to 32 minutes or until center is deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack.
- Cool 5 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool 10 minutes longer. Stir reserved icing into lemon juice. Drizzle evenly over rolls. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm or cool.