CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
It's breakfast! With shortbread involved! This nummy recipe comes from Laura Majchrzak of Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Berry Filled Shortbread Brunch Tart
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 40 Min Makes: 12 servings
- 1 1/2cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (do not use margarine)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In food processor, place flour, 3/4 cup of the powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover; process until well blended. Add butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla; process with on-and-off pulses until mixture is consistency of fine crumbs.
- Press 1 1/2 cups of the mixture evenly in ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 12 minutes. Remove to cooking rack; cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir preserves to soften; set aside. In another small bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Cover; refrigerate.
- Spread preserves evenly over cooled crust to within 3/8-inch of edge. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture evenly over top, covering preserves completely. Pat gently; sprinkle with white sparkling sugar.
- Bake 18 to 26 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Cool 25 minutes on cooling rack; remove side of pan. Using sharp knife, cut into 12 wedges. Serve warm with sweetened mascarpone mixture.