CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Key. Lime. Pie. Cinnamon. Rolls.
Clearly, Andrea Yacyk of Sebastian, Florida, who invented this Pillsbury Bake-Off finalist recipe, is my sister from another mister. Says she, "Cinnamon rolls just got rolled up with white chocolate and lime for a tasty citrus breakfast treat."
Say I, "make way for a minefield of magic."
Here's the recipe. It yields 5 rolls.
Key Lime Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Key lime peel
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon Key lime juice
- 1 Key lime, sliced, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or lightly spray with Crisco® Original No-Stick cooking spray.
- Remove dough from can; do not separate dough into rolls. Reserve icing. Unroll cinnamon roll dough on waxed paper. Sprinkle dough evenly with 1/4 cup of the graham cracker crumbs, lime peel and white chips; lightly press chips into dough. Reroll dough; using perforations, separate into 5 rolls. Place, cut side up, two inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine reserved icing and lime juice; stir until well blended. Drizzle icing over warm rolls. Sprinkle tops with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Garnish with lime slices. Serve warm.