CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Dessert for twelve? Check. This lemon crumb dessert is not only easy to make, but a lovely marriage of all things carbohydratey: crumb, crust--met with a deliciously tart lemon filling.
"Dessert for 12? Four ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need to make this dessert...wow!" says the inventor, Jackie Termont Ruther of Glen, Virginia.
Lemon Crumb Tart
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s® premier white baking chips
- 1 jar (10 oz) lemon curd
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well blended. Stir in white chips. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in 10- or 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool 5 minutes. In small microwavable bowl, microwave lemon curd on High 20 to 30 seconds or until softened; stir until smooth and of spreading consistency. Spread to within 1 inch of crust edge. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top of tart.
- Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. To serve, cut into 12 wedges. Store covered.