CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
If you wanna get fancy, you've got to start dressing up your sugar cookies.
Give them a virtual pinkies-out by tricking them out as Strawberries and Cream Sugar Cookie Sandwiches! "Dress up sugar cookies wtih a creamy filling, chocolate drizzle and fresh strawberries. Ooh la la!" says the inventor and Bake-off Finalist Christena Rooks of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Strawberries & Cream Sugar Cookie Sandwiches
Makes 12 sandwiches
- 1 package Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 package (2 oz) pecan Chips (1/2 cup)
- 1 container (8 oz.) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s® Strawberry Preserves
- 2 tablespoons milk chocolate baking chips
- 2 tablespoons white baking chips
- 6 small strawberries, cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape cookies into balls; roll 12 of the cookies in pecans, pressing into dough. Place all of the cookies 2 inches apart on large ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla until blended. Spread 1 heaping tablespoonful mascarpone mixture on bottom of each plain cookie; top each with 1 teaspoon preserves. Top with pecan-coated cookies, bottom side down; press slightly.
- In small resealable freezer plastic bag, place milk chocolate chips; seal bag. Microwave on High 20 to 30 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until chocolate is smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Repeat with another bag and white chips.
- Squeeze bag to drizzle milk chocolate and white chocolate over top of cookie sandwiches. Top each sandwich with strawberry half. Store in refrigerator.