CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Do you like peanut butter and jelly? Do you like brownies? Do you like cupcakes?
Duh, of course you do. But why eat just one of these treats when you could eat all of them--at once?? "Indulge in fudgy peanut butter cupcakes topped off with homemade strawberry cream cheese frosting." says entrant Amy Siegel Clifton, New Jersey. OK!
Strawberry Swirl Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
- 24foil baking cups
- 1can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1box (19.5 oz) Pillsbury® Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 1/2cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2cup buttermilk
- 1/2teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
Frosting and Garnish
- 1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 1teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2cups powdered sugar
- 1/4cup Smucker’s® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 12small strawberries, halved, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. In medium bowl, stir together condensed milk and peanut butter until blended.
- In large bowl, beat brownie mix, eggs, oil, buttermilk and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon brownie batter into each muffin cup; top each with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter filling. Spoon remaining brownie batter evenly over filling.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add jam; stir once or twice to create swirls of jam in frosting. Spoon into decorating bag or large resealable freezer plastic bag (cut 1/2-inch opening from 1 corner of plastic bag). Pipe or spread frosting on each cupcake. Garnish each with half of a strawberry. Store covered in refrigerator.