CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Even though this contains fruit, which always makes me suspicious that it might be health food, it also has sugar cookie dough and plenty of cream involved in the process--so I deem it acceptable. "Create a sweet new cookie dessert using Pillsbury® sugar cookie dough, cream cheese and fresh blueberries!" says the inventor and Pillsbury Bake-Off finalist Alice Wilson of Fairport, New York.
Blueberry White Chocolate Cream Ginger Tart
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground Ginger
- 1 tablespoon crystallized Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 bag (12 oz) Hershey’s® premier white baking chips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add flour, ground ginger, crystallized ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix with wooden spoon or knead with hands, until well blended. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white chips on High 1 minute to 1 minute 45 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Add cream cheese, cream and lemon peel; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange blueberries over cream cheese mixture; press into filling.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into wedges. Store in refrigerator.