CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Highly related to her recipe for Chocolate-Hazelnut-Coconut Bars, I officially invite Teresa Berkey of Hanover, New Hampshire to come live with me.
Here's her description of this sweet treat: "Layers are the luscious secret to deliciously easy cookie bars." Good luck with this recipe at the Pillsbury Bake-off, Teresa! Here's the recipe for everyone else:
makes 24 bars
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate flavored chip cookie dough
- 1 1/4cups hazelnut spread with cocoa (from 13-oz jar)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Egg White
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2cup toasted shredded coconut, if desired*
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan (dark pan not recommended) with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in 3/4 cup of the hazelnut spread until blended. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 30 minutes. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and egg white with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add condensed milk, 3 cups coconut and vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour over crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and set. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining 1/2 cup hazelnut spread and butter over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Spread over cooled bars; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until topping is set. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.