CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Laura Majchrzak of Hunt Valley, Maryland, is clearly a genius. Need I say much more than the blessed, wonderful, lovely words "Carrot Cake Tart"?
As Laura puts it, "Love carrot cake? Love pie? Bake them together in an ultimate dessert with cream cheese frosting and over-the-top caramel drizzle!"
Carrot Cake Tart
For the tart
- 1Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/4cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3cup light corn syrup
- 2LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 2/3cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups shredded carrots
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/2cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 whole Fisher® Praline Pecans
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s® caramel syrup
- 12 carrot curls, if desired*
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place large cookie sheet on middle oven rack. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press crust firmly against bottom and side of pan; trim edges.
- In large bowl, beat 1/4 cup melted butter, brown sugar and corn syrup with electric mixer on medium speed until blended; beat in eggs until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and chopped pecans. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of crust-lined pan. Place tart on cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is set and deep golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Remove side of pan; place tart on serving plate.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter with electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat on low speed until creamy. Frost cooled tart. Place praline pecans evenly around edge of tart. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- To serve, cut into 12 wedges. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel syrup; garnish each with carrot curl. Store covered in refrigerator.