CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
It's time to get nutty--in the most delicious cookie sort of way. This recipe for Nutty Chocolate Irish Cream Cookies is perfect for the days leading up to St. Patrick's Day. As Anita Van Gundy of Des Moines, Iowa says, "Infuse sugar cookies with coffee shop flavors and a creamy, dreamy frosting.". A delicious finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off!
Nutty Chocolate Irish Cream Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 1package Pillsbury® Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 4 tablespoons Irish cream-flavored coffee syrup or Irish cream-flavored creamer
- 1 1/4 cups Deluxe Mixed Nuts, chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1/2teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In large bowl, mix cookie dough, cocoa and 2 tablespoons of the flavored syrup with wooden spoon or knead with hands until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, remaining 2 tablespoons flavored syrup, vanilla and enough milk for desired frosting consistency with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Frost cooled cookies; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts. Store loosely covered.