CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Cookies? Cake? Why decide? In this brilliant Pillsbury Bake-Off finalist recipe created by Natalie Morales (no relation to the Today Show one, to the best of my knowledge!), you can "Turn sugar cookie dough into cupcakes. Really! Just add carrots and a few extra ingredients and slather with creamy frosting."
Sounds like a winner to me! This recipe makes 32 mini cupcakes.
Mini Carrot-Spiced Cupcakes With Molasses Buttercream
- 1roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
- 1tablespoon full-flavor (dark) molasses
- 2tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon full-flavor (dark) molasses
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray 32 mini muffin cups with Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray with Flour.
- In large bowl, beat cookie dough, melted butter, 1 tablespoon molasses, 2 tablespoons milk, ginger, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, and nutmeg with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Add carrots and pecans; beat on low speed just until blended. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoonful batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 16 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- To make frosting, in large bowl, beat 7 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon molasses with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons milk, beat on medium speed until smooth. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Store in covered container.