CakeSpy Note: I am beyond ecstatic to announce that I have been invited as a media guest to the 45th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off in Orlando, Florida! The event will take place in late March; til then, I am going to feature several of the sweets finalists here in anticipation of the big day!
Peachy keen? Yawn. The new standard of awesome is Peachy Cream, as in Peachy Cream Cheese Appetizers, a Pillsbury Bake-Off Finalist recipe created by Shana Butler of San Diego, CA. These morsels are a wonderful intersection of sweet and a bit of savory, spicy zing: per the recipe creator, these "Two-bite appetizers are flavor packed. Cilantro, chili and cumin kick meets creamy sweet peach for a tasty appetizer."
Sounds like a wonderful way to work up an appetite for dessert. This recipe makes 24.
Peachy Cream Cheese Appetizers
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 2 packages (3 oz each) cream cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 jar (12 oz) Peach Preserves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1medium lime, grated and juiced
- 1/2teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uroll 1 dough sheet; press into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut dough sheet into 12 squares. Repeat with remaining dough sheet.
- Place 1 dough square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased regular-size muffin cups, letting points of dough extend over edge of cup. Place 1 piece of cream cheese in bottom of each cup.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, add peach preserves, shallots, 2 teaspoons lime juice, chili powder and cumin; mix well. Cook over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Remove cups from pans; place on serving platter.
- Immediately spoon about 1 teaspoon peach sauce over cream cheese in each cup. Sprinkle each cup with lime peel. Serve warm with remaining sauce.