CakeSpy Note: It's high time to take another look at this updated version of the pop-tarts cookie recipe, because it's featured on Serious Eats this week!
Have you ever found yourself eating a chocolate cookie and thought to yourself that surely, surely there must be a way to heighten this delicious experience?
The answer is yes, and that thing is Pop-Tarts. More specifically, S'mores Pop-Tarts.
And with that, let me introduce what is bound to become a new classic: The Chocolate Drop S'mores Pop-Tart Cookie. It's a mouthful in more ways than one, a taste so wholly unholy that while part of you may cry no, most of you will cry for s'more.
Here's the recipe. For more details and printable instructions, visit Serious Eats!
Chocolate Drop S'more Pop-Tarts Cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (2 oz), melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chopped s'mores Pop-Tarts
- Mix butter, sugar, egg, and chocolate thoroughly. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking soda and salt; mix in with wet mixture.
- Fold in the Pop-Tarts pieces.
- Let dough chill for at least an hour.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until no imprint remains when lightly touched. Let sit for 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool.