Anyone who has ever visited Seattle's Oddfellows Cafe knows what a beautiful and special things its bakery case contains. From biscuits to blondies to bundts (and even homemade Ho-hos!), they've got something for every sweet tooth. And now, here's one of their secrets: a recipe for their Jamprint Cookies (a sort of thumbprint-meets-macaroon cookie). They urge you to post pictures on their Facebook page if you try the recipe out!
Here's how to make this magic happen at home:
- .75 lbs butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3.5 cups flour
- .5 teaspoon salt
- flaked coconut, for edges
- jam (of your choosing), about 1 teaspoon per cookie
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter + sugar in mixer w/ paddle attachment, add vanilla + salt
- Sift in the flour, mix until dough comes together
- Wrap in plastic, chill for 1 hr
- Roll it into 1 ounce balls, dip balls in egg wash + roll in flaked coconut
- Put ball on a baking sheet + indent the top, fill with jam.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until coconut is toasted and jam thickens.