CakeSpy Note: This is a guest post from Cake Gumshoe Christine, who blogs at Munchin with Munchkin! Let the NOM begin:
It can be difficult to decide on what to bring to Thanksgiving. Typically all the bases are covered, leaving gifts of alcohol or pie as your only options. If you want to share a unique treat with your loved ones try making this cranberry pistachio bark!
This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever posted and it only takes about 10 minutes total. The results are both delicious and pretty! Don’t expect to bring any leftovers home, this stuff disappears fast!
Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Bark
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- ½ cup pistachios
- ½ cup dried cranberries
Also needed: wax paper
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place dark chocolate melts in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and continue to microwave for 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Reserving about two tablespoons, pour dark chocolate onto prepared cookie sheet and spread over surface with a spatula. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator to harden.
- In the meantime melt white chocolate melts using the same 30 second interval method. Once completely melted stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the hardened dark chocolate on the cookie sheet. Dip a spatula into the reserved dark chocolate and drizzle over the top of the bark to decorate.
- Return cookie sheet to the refrigerator until the bark has hardened.
- Once completely cooled and hardened remove from the fridge and break apart into pieces. Store in a sealed container in a cool dark place so it does not melt.